Saturday, May 16, 2020

For you!

And I cringed
As I watched you go,
All this time with you,
And I still want some more

I held your hand for hours
But it was just not enough,
I miss your endless talk,
The childlike laugh.

I just can't seem to wait,
For the day when you will be mine.
Why does our love have to hide from the world
Is loving someone with all your heart a crime…

The time with you passed by in a blur,
Yet the time since then moves at a snail's pace.
I know we will meet again and soon.
And yet I miss the look on your face.

The look when I call you funny names,
Because I want to hide how enamoured am I.
The look when I tease you on your grammar,
Because if I don't I'd just stare into your eyes.

You asked me why don't I write anymore,
I do; it just can't do justice to how I feel,
Nothing will till I one day hold your hands,
Look into your eyes and before you kneel.

I think I know the answer, I think I always knew.
And yet with fear I hazard a guess,
That you too feel the same about me as I do,
And on bent knees I will hear a 'yes'.

But till that day comes I have sweet memories,
Of a crimson sky and a sunset kissed sea.
A day when we became more than friends,
A day of love, of happiness, even ecstasy.

Goodnight 'honey', sleep peacefully.
For all that you've given me, sweet dreams are due.
The world stands witness to a truth that you know,
Goodnight dear, I have and always will love you.

No comments: